Thursday, October 29, 2009

Marketing is fun!

Marketing on a small budget means I have to make my dollars stretch. That is challenging. I have joined local chambers to use the impact of thier web sites and classes. Using social networking and blogs is new and allows my little spa boutique to be visible in ways I have never experienced before.
I went to a class yesterday. Skagit Marketing, Julie Burgmeier gave an overview of social media and how to get started with Facebook and blogging. Our local La Conner chamber put on a class for social media at the Wild Iris Inn. Entering the cozy meeting room and eyeing the famous gigantic soft yet crunchy cookies the size of a plate really made this a fun event.
Sharing local information and helpful tips about what to do around town runs the line of sharing a recipe. Like the good ole days. That's what I love about blogging and social media. What ever comes to mind I can share. It makes me be more creative and more involved. Being part of local focused interest groups or communing with people that share like ideas and interests is great. Offering donations of my services to local non profits is also a way to keep my name and face out there. In my town, it makes doing business more sustainable and more meaningful. Investing my time in a new way for sure! During tough economic times, if we pay it forward in our community, it comes back to us year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment